2018 Holiday Parade
The 17th Annual Mayor’s Spirit of the Holidays Lighted Parade
Friday, December 7th, 2018 at 5:30 PM
- Parade Entry Fee: Please bring a cash or food donation for the Flint Hills Breadbasket. Your donation will be collected in the staging area.
- Parade Route: 3rd Street & Poyntz Avenue — 11th Street — Moro Street — City Park
- Parade Day Timeline:
- 3:00 PM······· Staging: We will be lining up in the parking lot west of Dillard’s again. You will be emailed before the parade with an assigned line-up time based on your position in the parade.
- 5:30 PM······· Parade Begins Downtown
- Parade Ends in City Park. Awards Winners should then walk to Triangle Park where Mayor Mike Dodson will make award presentations and light the Mayor’s Holiday Tree.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST HAVE LIGHTS (this includes walking groups)
- Costumes are strongly encouraged for all participants. All participants should dress in warm clothes.
- No entry may feature Santa. Santa makes a special appearance at the end of the parade.
- Distribution of candy and trinkets is encouraged. For safety, please hand out near sidewalks, do not throw!
- All entries are required to maintain the spacing set up at staging. Do not allow gaps!
- All entries are subject to approval by Mayor’s Parade Committee.
- The Parade Coordinator must have signed this application and all entrants must be familiar with these guidelines.
- All awards will be determined by a panel chosen by the mayor. This year’s awards include:
- Mayor’s Trophy/Best in Show: The winner must show originality and have a significant light display.
- Best Use of Lights: For the entry that uses lights in the most creative way to enhance their entry.
- Spirit of the Breadbasket: This award is given to the entry that best represents the idea of sharing food with those in need and uses the most food as part of their entry to best advantage.
- Best Youth Float: For the best entry by a group composed mainly of children.
- Best Foot Entry: For the best individual or group traveling the parade route on foot.
- Best Bicycle Entry: Best individual or group on bicycles.
If you would like to print and fill out a paper form, click here: Mayor’s Parade Entry Form 2018
Questions? Call 785.537.9683 or email email@example.com