Downtown Manhattan, Inc.
Downtown Manhattan, Inc. is seeking a self-motivated individual to assist the Executive Director in the day-to-day operations of supporting the Downtown business neighborhood. The right person will be highly organized, have bookkeeping and accounting skills, be aware of basic human resources policies, and will possess strong office skills. Social media familiarity is a plus and some knowledge of website administration is desirable, though training is available for the right person. The Office Manager will be an detail-oriented individual who can also easily shift gears into planning, collaboration and special project support. The right person must be able to communicate with a wide audience, including business/property owners and city staff.
This job will be part-time at 20+ hours a week. Pay commensurate with experience, starting at $17/hour.
- Payroll & Human Resources: manage all aspects of payroll including timely payment of payroll taxes, maintain necessary employee paperwork and employee files, track employee time sheets and leave accruals, coordinate employee benefits
- Accounting and Bookkeeping: reconcile on a monthly basis and provide Executive Director and Board of Directors with financial reports, maintain accounts receivable and payable, create annual budgets and budget projections as needed, assist accountant with annual tax returns
- Downtown Business Improvement District (DBID): conduct research to maintain the current list of Downtown businesses and contact information, help educate the district and public about the DBID, file DBID reimbursement reports with city, attend DBID Advisory Board quarterly meetings, acting as secretary
- Maintain Downtown’s Digital Presence: manage downtownmhk.com and keep site content up to date, assist with social media accounts, create graphics
- Other Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Manage daily office tasks including mail and phone
- Coordinate sidewalk/trash maintenance needs
- Maintain office equipment, hardware, software and supplies
- Attend monthly Board of Directors meetings, acting as board secretary
- Support Downtown events before and during the event, which may include setup and tear down, event attendance and working in different capacities
- Collaborative attitude and willingness to work with a small staff
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to manage tasks independently
- MS Office proficiency, including data entry in Excel
- General computer and office equipment skills
- Willing to submit references from previous clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting and/or 5 years experience as an administrative assistant, office manager or bookkeeper
- The ability to walk the downtown district
- WordPress experience
- Graphic design abilities
- A familiarity with Manhattan and Downtown
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resumé to Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org.