PLAY MHK has been postponed until October 17, 2020.
Come play in the streets for the
inaugural PLAY MHK event in Downtown Manhattan!
PLAY MHK is day full of outdoor activity for just about every age and ability! Get on Poyntz on
April 25 October 17 from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM for movement, skill-building, games, competition, sportsmanship and fun.
For those looking to compete, get your game on with:
- What the Hill 10K Race
- Play MHK Adventure Race
- Tournament-style pickleball by Manhattan Parks & Rec (registration open)
- High-score competition axe-throwing by Manhatchet (free to play, ages 10+)
If you’d rather play all day, you’ll find:
- Running of the T-Rexes (bring your own costume!)
- Badminton by The Chef Cafe
- Morning Yoga and adaptive yoga by Chapter 5 Yoga
- Afternoon Yoga by Root to Rise
- Kickboxing by 9Rounds
- Lazy Dog Agility by Manhattan Kansas Kennel Club (bring your dog and give agility a try)
- Sensory and discovery play by IeDiscoveries
- Self defense and board breaking for kids by Evolution Training Center
- Outside games and open play by Little Apples Playland
- Low motor skills, games and challenges by Special Olympics
- Protected bike lane to City Park and bike activities by Bike Walk MHK & MPO
- Bike rodeo by State Farm Agency – Josh Salmans
- Green Apple Bikes
- Pickleball open play by Manhattan Parks & Rec
- Bubble station by Tallgrass Tap House
- Backyard games
- Hula hoops, hopscotch, double-dutch and more!
Tell me more…
When and where is Play MHK? Play MHK is Saturday,
April 25 October 17 from 10:00AM – 5:00PM. (Races start earlier.) The festival will be in Downtown Manhattan on Poyntz Avenue from 3rd Street to 5th Street and 4th Street from Humboldt to Houston Street.
Are pets allowed? Absolutely! We encourage you to bring your four-legged friends to Play MHK. All animals must be on a leash and monitored at all times.
What active vehicles are allowed at Play MHK? At Play MHK all human-powered vehicles are allowed. This includes but is not limited to:
- Bicycles and Tricycles
- Specialty Bicycles (such as tandem, recumbent or walking bicycles)
- Roller Blades
- People-Powered Scooters
- Heelies/Wheelies (shoes with wheels on the heel)
As a general rule, all motorized vehicles will NOT be allowed at Play MHK. This includes but is not limited to:
- Any motorized scooter (Spin by Zagster, Motor Scooter, Vespa, Ruckus, etc.)
- Electric bicycles or eBikes
- Non-police or personnel golf carts
- Dirt Bikes or Mini Bikes
- Motorized Drift Bikes/Trikes
All items used for accessibility including motorized vehicles are always welcome. If you have a human-powered vehicle that you would like to bring to Play MHK that is not listed above and are not sure if it qualifies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.