Spirit of the Holidays Lighted Parade
This year’s parade will be held on Friday, December 4th, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
OFFICIAL ENTRY APPLICATION
- Parade Entry Fee: Please take a cash or food donation directly to Flint Hills Breadbasket
- Parade Route: 3rd Street & Poyntz Avenue — 11th Street — Moro Street — City Park
- Parade Day Timeline:
- 3:00 PM ······ Staging: We will be lining up in the parking lot west of Dillard’s again. You will be emailed before the parade with an assigned line-up time based on your position in the parade.
- 5:30 PM ······ Parade Begins Downtown
- Parade Ends in City Park. All entries must continue through Aggieville to City Park. There will not be an in-person tree lighting ceremony in Triangle Park this year.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST HAVE LIGHTS!
- No walking groups are allowed this year due to the pandemic.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Maintain social distancing from everyone outside of your parade entry, including spectators.
- All participants must stay with their float entry at all times, including in the staging area.
- All participants should dress in warm clothes.
- Costumes are strongly encouraged for all participants.
- No entry may feature Santa in order to avoid multiple Santa sightings.
- It is PROHIBITED to distribute candy or any other trinket during the parade.
- All entries are required to maintain the spacing set up at staging – Do not allow gaps!
- All entries are subject to approval by the Parade Committee.
- The group contact person must initial and sign this application and all entrants must be familiar with the guidelines included in the application
- All awards will be determined by the Parade Committee. This year’s awards include:
- Mayor’s Trophy/Best in Show: The winner must show originality and have a significant light display.
- Best Use of Lights: For the entry that uses lights in the most creative way to enhance their entry.
- Best Youth Float: For the best entry by a group composed mainly of children.
- Best Bicycle Entry: Best individual or group on bicycles.
If you would like to print and fill out a paper form, click here: 2020 Holiday Parade Application
Questions? Call 785.537.9683 or email email@example.com